• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Astrocamp - Brecon Beacons - 7th to 10th Sept.

Started by Mike, Jun 09, 2013, 13:37:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Oh great Kylee, so with Mike that makes 3 of us going.

Carole

Kylee

It'll be my first Star party.....really looking forward to it.   :D

Mike

Quote from: Carole on Jun 29, 2013, 12:02:49
Oh great Kylee, so with Mike that makes 3 of us going.

4 - Petra is going too.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Kylee

Carole

Quote4 - Petra is going too.
Great. 

QuoteIt'll be my first Star party.....really looking forward to it.

I thought you were going next week Kylee, or do you mean first public star party?

Carole

Kylee

I am going at the weekend...tried my tent out for the first time today! It's been in the loft for over a year...brand new. Thought I should try it ......knowing my luck there would have been a vital piece missing.

Yeh...my first public star party, also my first DSC.  ;)

Kylee

Really looking forward to this....see those of you who are going soon  :D

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

Yup, really looking forward to it.

Big panic this morning though as my mains to 12V adapter seems to have died, it was starting to be a bit dogy at Mark's.  Have ordered another and hope it comes quickly.  I run my dew heaters, CCD camera and EL panel from it!!!!

See you all there guys.

Carole

Fay

Have a good time. how long you going for?
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Tony G

Quote from: Fay on Sep 02, 2013, 16:46:48
Have a good time. how long you going for?

Fay

I think the answer is in the title 7th to 10th September  :roll:

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Les R

Quote from: Carole on Sep 02, 2013, 15:50:20
Yup, really looking forward to it.

Big panic this morning though as my mains to 12V adapter seems to have died, it was starting to be a bit dogy at Mark's.  Have ordered another and hope it comes quickly.  I run my dew heaters, CCD camera and EL panel from it!!!!

See you all there guys.

Carole

You can borrow mine if it doesnt Carole.

Carole

Thanks Les, hopefully it will come in time.

Carole

Carole

Hi from the Brecon Beacons, it's lovely and dark here, you can see the split in the milky way.  We had an unexpected few hours partially clear this evening, so you had to pick where you imaged but closed down just after midnight when it started to rain.

Journey was quite long and I impressed myself that I only took 1/2 hour longer than Mike to get here with 2 toilet stops, not sure how often Mike stopped though.  About 200 miles.

The Sky at Night team are filming and both Lucie Green and I gather Chris Linott are here though I haven't seen him.  Lucie did some filming with Mike's set up with the coronado, and my camping observatory drew some attention from the S@N team.   Kylee is here with her mum, Mike, Petra and myself. 

Mike got some wide field and milky way shots.

Fingers crossed for more clear evenings.

Carole