• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Solar Max 60mm Telescope

Started by Nige, Jun 03, 2013, 22:51:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Hi All

This is Nigel looking to get back involved in DSCs and viewing nights again after prolonged absence.

Hope all is well with everyone?

Who do I talk to to arrange for borrowing the Solar Max 60mm Solar Telescope for a day at my school?

My contact details are: nigelandsally@virginmedia.com or mobile 07801 785 687.

Regards,

Nigel

Mike

Good grief. Nigel! Very long time no see. How are you?

We have a DSC this coming weekend if you are able to come and join us?

You will have to talk to the Grand Poobah and Keeper of the Instruments, who is Ken. I don't have his contact details though as I believe he lives in a cave and doesn't have electrickery or interwebs. I think you need to use smoke signals to get in touch with him.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

I've E mailed you Nigel with Ken's phone number.

Carole

mickw

Hi Nige long time no speak, good to hear from you again.

Might be a problem borrowing the coronado as it's supposed to be for OAS members and insurance etc. might be an issue.

Had you thought about asking OAS to do an Outreach event at your school ? 
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Carole

Is Nigel no longer a member then?

Nigel your E Mail address bounced saying
Quote"I am having computer problems and computer i being repaired"

Carole

mickw

Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

doug

Electrickery ? ...... Interwebs ......???  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Love it. 
Always look on the bright side of life ...

JohnP

QuoteI don't have his contact details though as I believe he lives in a cave and doesn't have electrickery or interwebs. I think you need to use smoke signals to get in touch with him.

Very good....  :lol: :lol:

Nige

Hi All

Glad you all remember me!  I have been meaning to get down to DSCs for ages but always either too busy or dates clashed. Intended to come on the DSC this weekend but its our wedding anniversary and I couldn't persuade the wife to come to the DSC (nearly managed it actually - there's hope for next time) but I intend to come to the lunar observation evening next Tuesday 18th June and surprisingly she has said she will come to that.

I never actually joined as I could never make the Thursday evening meetings as they always clashed with our Parkinson's meetings but they have been switched now so intending to join properly and looking forward to being wowed once a month on a Thursday evening!

Carole thanks for email - I have received it.  I fixed my computer but forgot to take the error message off.

Hope to see you all on 18th.

Best wishes,

Nigel