• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Who is going to Kelling Heath?

Started by Delphine, Apr 10, 2013, 12:11:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Delphine

Hi

Who else os going to Kelling Heath this weekend?   I am booked to go tomorrow, Thursday,  but wondering what the weather will be like.   The forecasts keep changing!

Delphine

Mike

We are going down on Friday.

Forecast for Friday night looks OK at the moment but they are not to be trusted anyway.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

I'm not booked but hope you all have a great time.

Looks like a heatwave on Sunday and certainly a lot warmer than the minus 7.5C just experienced at DSC!

mickw

I'm not going but has anyone remembered the society solar scope ?

Good luck to those that are going
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

RobertM

I hope to be there Fri to Sun or Sat to Mon.

Mike

Quote from: mickw on Apr 10, 2013, 13:30:27
I'm not going but has anyone remembered the society solar scope ?

I have absolutely no idea where that is Mick. I've not seen it for about 3 years. Same goes for the Minitron camera we purchased that has vanished and never been used to my knowledge.

Anyone seen any solar scopes or Minitron cameras on eBay lately?

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Delphine

Jim has it, i am going to pick it up now but I won't have room in my car for it tomorrow so I will need someone else to collect  it from me and take it to Kelling

Delphine

Delphine

I now have the solar scope.

I will have room in my car to take it to Kelling as I only have the scope not the mount.  Ken has the mount but we dont need it.

Delphine

Mike

Thanks Delphine. Anybody know who has the Minitron camera? (if it's not on astrobuysell already)

Jim

I've also got the camera Mike. Do you want it?

Mike

Jim is it something that gets used regularly at the Outreach events? If not would it be better used at Observing Evenings, DSC's, etc.?

I've never even seen it myself so I don't know how often it gets used.

Jim

Its not used Mike so you're welcome to it.

Mike

OK can you bring it along to the next meeting or event you come to please Jim. Thanks.

Mike

So how is it down at Kelling today Delphine?

Delphine

Sue, ian, roy and myself are in the pub keeping warm.  You will need to pack your thermals!  Sky is uniform grey.  No rain yet and ground is dry.

Delphine