• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

AGM - or not

Started by mickw, Feb 27, 2013, 17:45:22

Previous topic - Next topic

mickw

Stupid Dampervan has a battery that refuses to get charged.
First it was a fuse blown in the onboard charger, now it seems a switch was in the wrong position.
If it fails an overnight charge the battery might be duff and too late to order a replacement

Possible I won't make it to the AGM, which is particularly frustrating because I was really looking forward some Abbots afterwards
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

MarkS

Quote from: mickw
Possible I won't make it to the AGM, which is particularly frustrating because I was really looking forward some Abbots afterwards

A pint of Abbots afterwards - lovely! A great idea!

Fay

well you will have to go in the other vehicle ;)
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

mickw

YAY - "It's Alive"
Battery now charged, no idea how although probably something to do with the buttons and switches I hit  :-?

What a performance

Quotewell you will have to go in the other vehicle

Can't, that would cost £300 in the Low Emission Zone  :!

Tony G

Park at Sevenoaks and walk. :twisted:

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

mickw

I'd use less fuel if I parked at Ashford - good idea though - so I'll see you at the June AGM then  ;)

Mike

Well that was probably the most entertaining AGM ever !!

Nice to see you Mick. Although I didn't recognise you at first as you've lost even more weight than Tony G has !

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

Yes, without doubt the best AGM I've been along to.

Thanks to Tony for standing in for Gilbert and delivering an entertaining talk on Pluto!

Good to see Mick and the "Dampervan" again and a great drink afterwards.  

Note to Miriam: The Change of Horses not the Coach and Horses

Mark

mickw

Yep a great evening and it was great to see everybody again.

I must try to get to a few more meetings throughout the year although the drive home is a bit of a killer

Ian

Quote from: mickw on Mar 01, 2013, 01:13:08
Yep a great evening and it was great to see everybody again.

I must try to get to a few more meetings throughout the year although the drive home is a bit of a killer

if only there was somewhere to sleep closer to the pub...

Mike

Last night Tony was talking about the 4th and 5th Moons of Pluto. Well those two moons now have (proposed) names - Cerberus and Vulcan.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan