• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Wow factor.

Started by doug, Oct 08, 2012, 09:09:38

Previous topic - Next topic

doug

Took these at Bodiam Castle yesterday with my TMobile Rapport phone (poor man`s iPhone).  Just for fun! Couple of nice sundogs.....

The sunbow stayed in the sky for about an hour, gradually fading. Because we were looking up at them, lots of people starting taking photos. And asking what it was all about .......

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Carole

Nice photos Doug, and nice castle.  I like the way you have positioned the sun behind one of the turrets. 

Did you get molested by the ducks?  I went there with Brian Weller a year or so ago - we went from Newenden on the boat.  Sitting down to lunch in the grounds of the castle we had a gang of ducks waddle towards us, and one very feisty female jumped on my lap, and before I realised what was happening she pinched the sandwich in my hand.  She then jumped on the table and promptly jumped onto Brian's chest and pinched his Sandwich too.  Brian was telling the duck off but it took no notice - it was quite a scene as you can imagine.  In the end we "escaped" into the castle itself to finish our lunch !!!!  

Carole

JohnP

Well they came out very well - excellent - John

The Thing

Doug, you have got a good eye for solar phenomena. Wow indeed.

Tony G

Great photos Doug.
I'm always looking out for sun dogs whilst out driving and try and show whoever is a passenger, but they are usually more visible to me due to driving with polaroid glasses. :roll:

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

MarkS

Quote from: Tony
I'm always looking out for sun dogs whilst out driving and try and show whoever is a passenger, but they are usually more visible to me due to driving with polaroid glasses. :roll:

When I'm a passenger I prefer the driver to be looking at the road, not the sky  :evil:

Tony G

Touché  ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson