• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

What printer/scanner would you recommend?

Started by Fay, Sep 09, 2012, 10:49:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

my Epson 950 printer has just given up the ghost. any suggestions you can give me for the above mentioned please? also is wireless ok

Thanks
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

doug

Hi Fay.  I have an HP printer/scanner/copier and it`s very good.  Prints off quickly and very good copier.  The wireless connection with mine is first class.... I want to print something switch on the printer and ..... whoosh, there you go.  I think mine is an HP 110, if that`s any use.  Have a look on your browser for them.

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

RobertM

Don't buy a Canon ! Whilst they have good print quality they also spend a lot of time cleaning the print heads and using ink making them very expensive to run.  I recently bought a Brother MFC-J825DW off Amazon but although it seems to sip ink and text quality is good I haven't done any colour prints yet.  My experience with the older Epson's has been good but not sure what the latest models are like.

Robert

Mike

Don't buy an Epson either. You want a make that has the ink head integrated into the cartridge so when you buy a new cartridge you get a new printhead. Epsons have a habit of clogging up unless you use them regularly as you use the same printhead all the time.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

Thanks for your advice, but I have just come back with an Epson scanner/copier/printer. i was always pleased with print quality of photos on my Epson 915.
only just seen your replies

Fay

Bought a Epson PX730WD, it was like setting up a space shuttle launch!!

JohnP

Hi Fay would be interested to see what you think of it cheers John.

Fay

Very nice so far, bit to learn, it gets good write ups.

Tony G

Quote from: Fay on Sep 10, 2012, 15:03:14
Bought a Epson PX730WD, it was like setting up a space shuttle launch!!

Oh no Fay, whatever you do DON'T buy the Epson PX730WD. :-?

Too Late. :roll:

Tony G

"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

i am always quick off the starting blocks Tony............. :D