• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSC next weekend

Started by Jim, Sep 07, 2012, 17:03:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim

Is there going to be a DSC next weekend? I know a lot of people are off to Kelling.

The Thing

I was going to try Spill Farm nr Biddenden. Remote and not too big.Jonh was interested as well.

JonH

Yep I would deffo be intrested so long as the weather is half decent.
Shoot for the stars, reach the tree tops!

Jim

Sounds good, anyone else interested?

Mike

FYI Jackie sent me an email this morning that states:-

"Dear Mike,
I can save the top corner for you for this weekend if you would like to come.
Could you let me know please.
Many thanks,
Jackie".

Should I tell her you're going elsewhere?

Mike
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

mickw

Personally, I will not be going but I would suggest going to Rother as Jackie is making the effort
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Mac

You could politely decline, explaining that its Kelling heath this month,
and that no one will be there
that way its still left open should we wish to return next month.

Mac.

The Thing

I'm going, and I think it will have to be Rother. Are Jim and Jon going to come along? And how about you Mac? And Mick?

I went and had a chat with a guy at the Spill Land Farm site and it is closing for the season and next year it will all be static caravans. Shame, it's only 4 miles from Mark's and so very dark. Didn't accept camper vans either!

Mac

Cant make this one either, as im out on friday, and im in a concert all day saturday.

MAc.

JonH

Count me in! So long as someone can gimme a hand putting a rather large tent up, last time tried to do it me own I snapped a pole :-/
Any ideas when till when etc, and how much pitch fee is?

Jon
Shoot for the stars, reach the tree tops!

Tony G

Quote from: Mike on Sep 10, 2012, 11:18:45
FYI Jackie sent me an email this morning that states:-

"Dear Mike,
I can save the top corner for you for this weekend if you would like to come.
Could you let me know please.
Many thanks,
Jackie".

Quote from: mickw on Sep 10, 2012, 11:26:33
Personally, I will not be going but I would suggest going to Rother as Jackie is making the effort

Which translated means, that I havn't a booking this month like I did last month, so you can all come back. :roll:

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

mickw

I won't be there, lack of MOT and rear lights is causing problems at the moment - actually since March  :oops:
Might pop down for a visit though

Jim might need a prod, don't know how frequently he looks on the forum - PM might do the trick

Don't forget to book

Jon -
http://www.rother-valley.com/page6.htm
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Fay

yes that is a nice thought to go to Rother, the right decision
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

OK i'll let her know you're coming. Don't forget to book individually so she knows how many are coming.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

Yes, good to keep in with them so we can use it for some of the year.

Carole