• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Deep Sky Camp

Started by Mike, Aug 06, 2004, 05:35:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Well I suppose my parents used to drag me to muddy fields!!!  That's probably why I don't like Jaz.....

Miriam

Jeff and I will definitely be there  - hopefully the new tent is waterproof.
Miriam

Mike

Well if it isn't it's not much good !!!

The weather forecast is looking up. As of today (12th) it is as follows :-

Friday - cloudy/sunny
Saturday cloudy/sunny
Sunday - sunny

So as long as they are correct it won't be wet. However, it has rained last few days so the field may still be muddy in places.

I have a spare dome tent if anyone wants to come but doesnt have a tent. I also have a spare sleeping bag. If anyone doesn't have camping gear but wants to come you are welcome to borrow it.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

I'll be there....

Mike

Bring a fire extinguisher !
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

Why?  Do you have some spare Butane......

JohnP

Don't forget to take solar filters - looks like there is a massive sun spot at the moment - Might be interesting to look at through the day (assuming no clouds...)

I aim to arrive with 2 kids in tow - Friday early evening.

Looking forward to it - John

Mike

I'll see you there then John as i'll be there about midday.

I wonder if Rick is coming and bringing his Coronado??

Jeff/Miriam - what time are you planning on getting there?

Chris - can you remind your mate about that DC/AC convertor of mine he still hasn't returned since the Venus transit please !

[ This Message was edited by: Mike on 2004-08-12 16:23 ]

JohnP

Mike - I'm actually that mate of Chris's that has the converter! - It's in my car already - sorry not to have returned it sooner - I did pop round your house twice & post a private message on the forum but I guess we keep missing each other.

Once again I really do apolologise & hope it hasn't caused you any inconvenience - Maybe I'll get the chance to buy you a beer or two over the weekend....

Thks again & CU tomorrow evening - John

Whitters

Don't worry about the buying of beer, it is the bringing of beer that is important. And if Chris asks, then NO you don't have any spare propane or matches!

Chris, Don't forget to bring the mop and bucket :wink:

[ This Message was edited by: whitters on 2004-08-12 16:53 ]

Mike

John - no worries - there is no rush - as long as I got it back eventually. As Paul says, just BRING plenty of beer as it is a vital ingredient in any DSC (not so vital ingredient where Chris is concerned though :wink: )

Sue

Unfortunately I will not be coming to this camp after all but wish you all clear skies and look forward to seeing the results of your astrophotography soon.
Sue.

Rocket Pooch

Actually John can you bring the mop, as you are sharing my tent........  And the converter :smile:

Sorry to hear about you not being there Sue, we will tri to keep Jeoff on a tight rope.  

Probably between the two large trees near the gate at the back of the field.

ETA.  Just got up have a hang over and haven't packed anything yet so about early evening time.

Rick

Doesn't at present look like I'll get things together enough to get down either. Sorry folks.

Mike

Never mind. Just got back from the field to collect Cris. Myself, Paul and Janette, Jeff and Miriam and Fay are already down there. It has been a mixture of showers and sunshine, but overall it is very warm.

We have already drank lots of tea and had a few archery competitions (which resulted in 5 arrows being lost! - Time for the metal detector I think !!)

See the rest of you later on or tomorrow.