• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Deep Sky Camp

Started by Mike, Aug 06, 2004, 05:35:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

So who is going to DSC? Also, what time/day are you planning on getting there?

I have got a 650W petrol generator we can use if anyone wants to charge things or run anything that requires 240v.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Whitters

Count me in, arriving arround midnight knowing my time keeping.

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Miriam

Jeff and I will be there - I'm even planning to sleep in the tent, if we can get one tall enough for me to stand up in!
We plan to arrive early afternoon.
See you there.
Miriam

Mike

I will get there around midday-ish.

Rocket Pooch

I'll be there 3 - 5 pm ish.

Mike

The weather forecast isn't looking too great so far - let's hope it changes as the week progresses otherwise it won't be a Summer Deep Sky Camp it will be a Summer Deep Mud Camp (again) :sad:

Rick

If the weather's clear I'll try to get down for Friday evening, but I'll have to be heading home by midnight.

Mike

I am looking for some help - is there anyone in the Orpington area who is NOT going to DSC that will be willing to pop in to my house at any time on the Saturday to feed my cat. i will pay whoever does it because the catteries are all full up.

Ian

Mike, I can probalbly help you out, I'm afraid DSC is off limits to me again :sad:

Mike

Ian it would be a huge help and would mean there would be no need to make a trip all the way from headcorn and back jsut to feed the cat.

Let me know if you can definately do it and i'll drop the keys off to you.

Cheers.

Rocket Pooch

Well, I may have to re-arrange my plans if it raining, I don't think the kids will much enjoy being in the field for 4 days if its wet :sad:

Mike

I don't know.......... You Fair Weather Astronomers.......... Sheesh !!

Mike

Actually the forecast looks a bit better today. There's no rain predicted anyway.

Rick

Piers Corbyn's forecast got the rain and thunder this week about right, and is encouraging for the weekend...