• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M27 from Bromley - 314L+

Started by JohnP, Jul 30, 2012, 13:59:23

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Forced myself out last Tues 24th July. Really just wanted to make sure I hadn't forgotten how to do everything.. ended up with 10X10mins Ha on M27 with ED80/Atik 314L+

Only just got round to processing & pleasantly surprised to see outer halo starting show (especially from light polluted Bromley skies) - I've never really got a decent M27 & would love to give this a proper go before it sinks too low...

Cheers,  John

mickw

It would seem you haven't forgotten how to do stuff  ;)

Nice one John
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Rocket Pooch

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

Wow, outer halo too, glad the camera is working out for you John.

Carole

Fay

That is really good John!!!!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

RobertM

Nice capture John and just the right level if inky blackness (well at least to my eyes).

Robert

JohnP

Thks all for comments - much appreciated. It was good getting out after yet another 2 month lay-off :-( Would really like to try this from a dark site to see what I could get with the 314...

Cheers,  John

Tony G

Quote from: JohnP on Jul 31, 2012, 08:46:34
Would really like to try this from a dark site to see what I could get with the 314...

Cheers,  John

Sell up and move like everyone else has done. :lol:

Nice image John.  ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mike

Quote from: JohnP on Jul 31, 2012, 08:46:34
Would really like to try this from a dark site to see what I could get with the 314...

Get your arse down to DSC!
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

JohnP

Cheers Tony, Mike....

Yes I know guilty as charged... :-( Always seems like too many excuses not to go... Think I'm turning into some lazy 'old' git...

I will definitely try to come more often especially now nights are getting longer again..

MarkS

Loving the outer halo - from Bromley as well!

That really is a senistive camera in Ha.  What is the bandwidth of the Ha filter you used?

Mark

JohnP

Thks Mark,

Kinda embarrassing - I don't actually know without taking my filter wheel to bits. I have two a 12nm Astronomic & a 7nm Baader - I am thinking the Baader was in place when I took this... I'll check soon...  :oops:

Visually the skies looked crap - I could count only a handful of stars inside the summer triangle.... it is amazing what the filters allow you to do...

Cheers,  John

Jim

That really is very nice John, well done.

MarkS

I'm guessing it must have been the 7nm.