• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Another hello from Beckenham

Started by Sudhanva, Jun 12, 2012, 13:16:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Sudhanva

Dear All

It has been a pleasure attending the well organised meetings for the past three months. My friend Sergio got me in to OAS.

My interest in Astronomy is from my high school. My knowledge of anything beyond aeroplane cruising height is limited and so everything you guys tell me on the stage is new.

I have an interest in small things like viruses but not big things like bacteria because I am a clinical virologist. I have a passing interest in scientific basis of Origin of Life :alien: on earth which may upset few people, in this forum and in few other places.

I will not be in a position to attend any of the camps or viewings for the time being because of child care commitments. I am hoping to bring my son over to OAS sometime soon when he grows up. I am also hoping to bring over some of my friends for monthly meets to introduce them to OAS.

Regards

Sudhanva

Carole

Welcome to the forum Sudhanva, and also to possibly meeting you at one of our meetings.

Carole

Tony G

Welcome Sudhanva,

Be careful what you ask for...... :-?
Quote from: Sudhanva on Jun 12, 2012, 13:16:50My knowledge of anything beyond aeroplane cruising height is limited and so everything you guys tell me on the stage is new..
This lot will tell you anything to sound intelligent.........it might not be right, but it will sound good. ;)
Seriously, if you have any queries regarding astronomy, whether it be about telescopes or any other aspect, you will find the answer here, and if not, they will point you in the right direction (and I don't mean up :roll:)
The OAS is very welcoming and very, very accommodating  :o (as you would have seen by some of the members that were at the meetings) and now has members scattered around the home counties who still venture to the meetings and other activities held by the society.
Good luck and hopefully we'll see you at the meetings.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

mickw

Yes welcome,
I'm sure you'll get answers to most of your questions here on the forum and at the meetings.

Main thing is to enjoy yourself
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Sudhanva

Thanks everyone for the kind welcome. I have met many of you already.

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend tomorrow's lecture on Mercury. My son wants me to stay with him and watch Football........enough said.

Regards

Sudhanva

Also, I would like to apologise to the OAS organisers.

It takes great effort to select and get the speakers. Speakers make an serious effort to travel, prepare slides and talk.
It is a pity if the audience is thin.
I hope I am the only one absent because of football tomorrow.