• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

March DSC

Started by Rocket Pooch, Mar 09, 2012, 11:22:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny

I'm popping down shortly with my two boys.

MarkS

Stunning sky at 1am.  SQM 21.2 which is the highest I've recorded so far.

MarkS

Quote from: MarkS
Stunning sky at 1am.  SQM 21.2 which is the highest I've recorded so far.

And it just kept getting better and better - SQM 21.31 at 3am with the Milky Way visible from Cassiopeia through Cygnus and down towards Scorpio.  Subjectively it felt very similar to the skies I've experienced at Kelling Heath.

Rocket Pooch

Well we didn't see any clear skies, due to the fact I was pooped and was asleep by 8am, good to be camping though :-)

I'm setting up now for the week at home, probably should not do that with the chance of rain and everything.

MarkS

Quote from: Rocket Pooch
I'm setting up now for the week at home, probably should not do that with the chance of rain and everything.

I've set up as well.  Maybe get a 3rd solid night in a row for Markarian's Chain.
It's ideally placed for setting up an imaging session, going to bed, then clearing up in the morning before going to work.

I doubt if I'll get a repeat of last night's stunning sky though ...

Mark

JohnP

Quoteasleep by 8am

Blimey that was early....  :lol:

Rocket Pooch

I was tired and R was ill as well so early to bed.

doug

Oh happy band of campers.... and it was a lovely day.

We thought that the chap in the yellow t-shirt might have been a ghost .........

Doug.  :)
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Mike

Is Mick standing like that to show off his fine pair of Man Boobs ?  :lol:
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

JohnP

Blimey Mick there is some women who would be proud of them.....!

mickw

I'll have to find a woman to put them on then  ;)
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

JohnP

Sounds like a good idea to me....  :lol:

Mac

Kylee

Ah...sorry I missed it. Sounds like you had a fab time  :D

Fay

very funny about Micks man boobs!!!!!!!!!

A brief report on Kielder.

So hot & sunny it has not been known in 10 years of the star party! Could actually park cars on the grass! Unfortunately i only took cold weather gear so was roasting all the time!!  resorted to wearing sleeping attire legwise as it was the coolest thing i had!!!!!!!!  

Cold nights, a couple of cloudy nights but the last two were amazing, some people have stayed on another 4 days as it is so good!!!

lots of people there, but some missing because of SGL party.

No contact as there was no signal!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!