• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Hi

Started by Kenny, Feb 23, 2012, 23:40:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny

Hi.

Enjoyed the meeting tonight. Getting involved in the society to re-invigorate my previous astronomy hobby. I used to be involved in Reading Astronomical Society for a few yearswhen I lived in Berkshire (moved to Kent 2006).

Currently involved in my local Scout group, mainly running their website but this year taken on running their Scout Astronomy Activity Badge.

Hope to make it to future members meetings and observing sessions (I need the practice).

I have a cheap 6" reflector on an equatorial mount and an 8" dobsonian reflector.

Cheers
Kenny

doug

A big welcome to you Kenny.  I am glad that you are reinvigorating your astronomy interest again. If you can pop down to the DSC at Rother Valley, that would be nice to meet and have a chat with you.

Rose and Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Carole

Hi Kenny,

Welcome to OAS and the Forum.

Carole

Kenny

Quote from: doug on Feb 24, 2012, 08:53:31
A big welcome to you Kenny.  I am glad that you are reinvigorating your astronomy interest again. If you can pop down to the DSC at Rother Valley, that would be nice to meet and have a chat with you.

Rose and Doug.

Away up the M1 towards Rotherham? Don't think that's very likley, at least not this year. Never done a DSC tho and would be good to do one.

Tony G

Welcome Kenny,

Rotherham, that just up the road, it just happens it a bloody long one.  ;)
If you need any advice, or information, don't be afraid to ask, as there are plenty of knowledgeable persons just waiting by there keyboards, ready to pounce, and answer your queries. :D

Tony G

PS..........I'm not one of those knowledgeable persons.  :oops:
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Carole

Hi Kenny,

The Rother Valley being referred to for our Deep Sky Camp is in East Sussex near Northiam.  i.e. Hastings, Rye Hawkhurst area. nice and dark.

http://www.rother-valley.com/

Carole

Kenny

Ooooh. That could warrant an evening drive for some observing... thanks.

Carole

We go there once a month Kenny, look out for the notices on the Forum.

and here:
http://forum.orpington-astronomy.org.uk/index.php?topic=7954.0

But sometimes we change camp sites if it's been wet as it can get a bit boggy at Rother Valley.

Carole