• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Les Granges

Started by Rocket Pooch, Feb 20, 2012, 02:27:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

Well your not missing to much, we had perfect weather last night, tonight is very windy, but we have both managed to do some imaging.  Mind you using someone elses mount is not fun, I have wasted hours yesterday and today just getting used to an I45 thingy.

My Canon camera lens blew away today, so I have a spare cap if anyone wants one!

Chris

P.S. M78 is not an easy target.

Tony G

Chris,

I'll have it, and adapt it for a nikon lens for my cousin. ;)

Thanks

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

RobertM

How can a camera lens just blow away ?  I hope it wasn't an expensive lens !

I would have thought M78 would be easy peesy from Ollies - is the iOptron causing the problem ?

MarkS

Yes, M78 is definitely a very tough one.

But from Les Granges and with a cooled mono-CCD you ought to be able to do very much better than my one:
http://forum.orpington-astronomy.org.uk/index.php?topic=7936.0
(see the second reprocessed version)

Sorry to hear about the lens blowing away - they make them out of flimsy materials nowadays!

Rocket Pooch

Rob,

That was a joke, apparently Carole needs a lens cap!  The iOptron just did not like the wind last night at all, very bouncy, I'm on the Tak tonight it should be more solid.

Mark,

Yes it will be better, I already have round stars and the L is good, just we have had a very windy night last night and guiding was a farce!

Mind you the scotch and cheese is good, I'll persist with M78 today for an hour or two then pack it in for the processing.

Chris

RobertM

Great stuff, I'm looking forward to seeing the result.

Robert

Rocket Pooch

It might be a very long wait.

Fay

Did not realise you were there already, Chris. Thought you were going in march

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Tony G

Quote from: Rocket Pooch on Feb 20, 2012, 12:35:23
Rob,

That was a joke, apparently Carole needs a lens cap! 

But I have already told my cousin............The first time I actually get in first when someone is giving something away and it turns out to be a joke. :!

Is Carole giving away her lens, as she now has no cap for it, as I have just purchase one off ebay to go with the lens. ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Carole

I aḿ confused now.  Does Chris have a lens cap going spare or what?

Itś very easy to lose a lens cap when you have freezing fingers trying to remove it in an icy wind.  Some-one else in the party lost their hat and gloves in the same way that night.

Carole

Rocket Pooch

Hi Carole,

No I don't have a spare lense cap I found my lens it did not go far :o

All,

Were having a good time here, some whisky left and we have managed to image tonight without the wind of last night!

Off out tomorrow to hunt down some food, cheese and bread is getting to me know, I need some veg.

TTFN

MarkS

Quote from: Rocket Pooch
No I don't have a spare lense cap I found my lens it did not go far :o

You're lucky the lens didn't blow too far away this time.  Next time, I suggest you tie a heavy chain round it and anchor it down securely!

Tony G

Superglue............not the cap to the lens but the lens to the camera, and when you get home, use Superglue remover to remove the lens....Job done.

This is another helpful hint brought to you by

Tony G  ;)

Carole

QuoteSuperglue............not the cap to the lens but the lens to the camera, and when you get home, use Superglue remover to remove the lens....Job done.

This is another helpful hint brought to you by

Tony G
:lol: :lol: :lol: