• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Rosette HaO3S2 RGB

Started by Rocket Pooch, Jan 16, 2012, 22:28:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

This is the first time I have processed narrow band for ages! 

Image Ha 12x10 mins, O3 23x10 mins, S2 20x10 mins.  Calibrated and Flats applied.  Go look at the big version.

Rosette HaO3S2 by chrissuddell, on Flickr

MarkS

Very nice.  It really proves the value of taking many hours of data.

Although I mainly shoot "true" colour images, I do really like the false colour narrowband images - they have a interesting ethereal quality about them.   The Rosette does come out particulary well in false colour.

Mark

Rocket Pooch

Hi Mark,

I think LRGB is a lot easier sky permitting, this has been a git to process, mind you the final Ha is awesome.

Chris

julian

JohnP

This came out excellent as well. Can we see Ha by itself then...? I am not a big fan of narrow band (at least not S2 & O3)- much prefer LRGB - John

mickw

Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Fay

I am not sure of the colours Chris. Once images go off RGB it is all in the eye of the beholder & I like Hubble colours, never liked too much red.

I think you could really bring a lot more out as the ha is probably outstanding. the green image really had a lot of punch as well, but feel there is a lot more to bring out to make it more vibrant
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Jim

Stunning Chris, personally I quite like the colours, has an ethereal feel to it. Is this the ED80? Wish I had kept mine now, the Meades focal length is limiting for large objects like this.

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

Well at least someone likes it!  I'll get a cheap SLR soon and do something easy :o then I'll high five myself :wall:

But yes, it was with the ED80 and the reason for doing this was in Ha O3 SII was because I can play around with it all later.

John I'll get the Ha up here later this week.

Chris

Mumble mumble.....

Rocket Pooch

RobertM

Looking Good Rocket.  It's not quite ready for Playboy - a bit more brightness and contrast (or it could be my monitor) may be !

Robert

JohnP

Looks good Chris - but very dim - looks like you could also whack up the contrast a bit... John

Rocket Pooch

Probably because I have a super bright monitor at home, will tweek.

Rocket Pooch

mickw

Blimey
Really good and loads of depth
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional