• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

The Moon and Jupiter (public meeting) - Vote of thanks

Started by Vera, Dec 03, 2011, 20:44:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Vera

Just to say a big thank you to all those who gave of their time and made the effort to make this evening so informative and enjoyable.  

Vera

Tony G

Hi Vera,

Was this the Jupiter and Moon evening at High Elms............How did it go?

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Vera

Hi Tony,

I can only respond as a "consumer" and not as a contributor.  I now know a great deal more about both the Moon and Jupiter than I did earlier today.  Everyone involved in tonight's activities shared their knowledge with enthusiasm and an eagerness that was contagious.  I hope that those involved in making the evening happen we're pleased with the result.

Vera

Carole

Thanks Vera, nice to meet you and Ron.
We always enjoy these events as it's nice to introduce people to the wonders of Astronomy and we always get an appreciative audience.  

QuoteHow didit go?
Tony, this was the first one we had to publicise ourselves and we weren't sure how it would go.  Anyway, over 60 booked but I think only 30 actually turned up.  Still very worthwhile and from feedback we are learning the best way to publicise the event.  

Hugh did the talk, and Sue, Roy, Delphine, Ken, Alan, Mike and Cris, Brian and myself came with telescopes, and Doug, Rose and Jim were also in attendance.  Hope I haven't missed any-one (well it was dark  :cheesy:)

Carole

doug

Very nice to meet up with you and Ron, Vera, and have a chat.  Let`s hope you both can make it to the Change of Horses for the Observing evening... drink if it`s cloudy ... this coming Tuesday.  We usually meet about 7.30 ish (official time is 19.15 hrs) so look forward to seeing you both.  Glad you enjoyed the Moon and Jupiter session; it was very good as quite a few people turned up.

Doug and Rose.
Always look on the bright side of life ...