• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

high risk imaging

Started by Rocket Pooch, Nov 27, 2011, 20:03:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Well this is a laugh, I rebuilt my astro laptop today, Windows 7 64, PHD, Nebulosity, all the QSI and QHY Drivers etc.

Also I got a Brightstar OAG and set that up as well and the system is out there imaging at 2 Meters.  I also put bobs knobs on the scope, a new dovetail and changed the dew heater.

The only thing that has not worked is a) the USB-Serial driver so I'm using the handset and a guide cable and I don't know what filters I have in the wheel!  Oops.

Anyway, I guess at least I'm imaging again.

JohnP

Cool  - nothing like changing everything at once & jumping in at the deep end - but knowing you it'll be a great image......

As usual I can't be 'arsed....' :-( Out all day & didn't get time to set kit up in daylight - too much hassle in the dark when I haven't imaged for 3 months or so... I know I will regret it tomorrow when I see all the images...

MarkS

Quote from: Rocket Pooch
Anyway, I guess at least I'm imaging again.

Looking forward to the result ...

Rocket Pooch

Well because the only guide star I can find is near the middle of NGC2175 that's what I'm imaging 2x2 or 1.12 arc/second per pixel...

But with a field size 24*31 arc min its not all going to fit in!