• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Kielder and Salisbury Star Parties

Started by Fay, Oct 10, 2011, 20:15:23

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Well I spoke with her Monday night cause I got stuck in Blackburn on business & I am sure she said she was in Grantham for the night which is only 120 miles from Bromley so based on that it'll take her 3-days to get to Kielder which is about 360miles (if she doesn't get lost of course).....

Haven't heard from her since Monday night...

Tony G

Quote from: JohnP on Oct 26, 2011, 12:49:25
Haven't heard from her since Monday night...

Do you think we need to arrange a search party. :o

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

mickw

Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

JohnP

only if you bring a case of stella.... oh & some cider for Tony so he can hang around on street corners while we look for her.... :D

Carole

A couple in a camper van at Salisbury Star Party were leaving today and driving from there to Kielder, I told them to look out for Fay, though I think it might be rather a large star party there, but you never know, they might bump into her. 

I packed up and came home today.  We had hail stones this morning as if we hadn't had enough bad weather.  The afternoon however was nice and sunny with rainy intervals, every time my tent dried it would get wet again.  Luckily it was dry (ish) when I eventually packed it away mid afternoon. 

Glad to be home and in the dry and warm.  Nice crowd of people and nice to actually meet some of the people that chat on the forums.  All very friendly. 

Carole

MarkS

Carole,

Are you coming to DSC?

Mark

Carole

QuoteAre you coming to DSC?
I can't unfortunately as I am singing in a concert on Saturday evening, and final rehearsal Friday evening. 
Shame really as I could have just left the car packed from Salisbury and come straight there. 

I looked at the weather forecast for Sixpenny Handley (Where the Salisbury Star Party was) for last night and it looks like more rain all night, so made the right decision to come home, I was having to come home today anyway because of the above.

Carole

Carole

Any-one heard from Fay, she seems to have disappeared into a black hole  :cheesy:

Carole

RobertM

You might well be right - I sent her a text yesterday to see if she'd arrived but no response.

Has she got her phone on :idea:

Mac

probably,
but i doubt that there is service in Kielder,

Mac.