• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Sunspots 1 September 2011

Started by PhilB, Sep 02, 2011, 18:56:32

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilB

Details:

Telescope: Stellarvue AT1010, with Baader Solar Safety film
Camera: ImageSource DFK
1/500 sec
Stacked in Registax 6, Final processing in CS2
Yellow channel boosted to increase contrast
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

Mac

Carole

PhilB

Thanks, Mac, Carole. I'm starting to get a taste for solar imaging.
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

mickw

Another nice and spotty sun, well done Phil

Would you like to hire a Coronado ?   ;)
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

PhilB

Thanks, Mick.

Would you like to hire a Coronado ?

:P :P
Up until now I've managed to sneak my kit around the weather gods. If I got too serious it'd start to rain :lol:

The Thing

A lot of lovely spots Phil.

Try AviStack instead of Registax, it takes an age to run ( I just used defaults) but the results were far superior.

BTW We had a lot of tree trimming done yesterday a by-product of which is I can now see the ecliptic, therefore planets, therefore Jupiter at the meridian - hence last nights cloud and today's rain! The weather gods are vengeful.

PhilB

Thanks, Duncan, I'll give AviStack a go.

Hope the tree trimming was sympathetic, I know of at least one tree that now has a slot carved out of it because it obstructed the view of a comet! Guess we'll be seeing some stunning Jupiter images from you once the remains of Irene blows through.