• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Star-B-Q ?

Started by Mike, Jun 14, 2011, 23:20:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Errr... What has happened to the Star-B-Q this year?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

It is being looked into to have a buffet (or was it a meal?) at the Change of Horses instead.  Not sure how far this has got.

Carole

Mike

But wasn't that like 4 months ago someone suggested that? It's half way through June.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

Carole

Not sure who is looking into it.

Carole

Tony G

Err.........What happens at these committe meetings then!!!!  :roll:

:cheesy:

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Ian

As has been said for the last howmanymonths in meetings we're arranging something at the Change of Horses for a, erm, change. Mick's been talking to the landlord there.

However, if that's not what the membership wants and we can find a garden peeps can get to, its not too late to have our usual StarBQ...

RobertM

Mike

It takes 4 months to talk to a landlord?

So surely its all arranged by now so how come a date hasn't been announced?

Fay

i though the Change of Horses was a different thing altogether. It was just going to be a casual dinner for those in the pub on an observing night, no arrangements really, just turn up and have your dinner
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

mickw

Fay - That is a different thing.

The C of H Star-B-Q was thought of as an alternative to someone having to host a meal and be in a fairly central location.

I got some preliminary dates, then missed a committee meeting, then FORGOT to pursue it.
I'll have more info at next weeks meeting.
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional