• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Last nights meeting

Started by HarryF, May 27, 2011, 07:57:16

Previous topic - Next topic

HarryF

Hi guys and gals,

I'm sorry I couldn't make last nights meeting. After a work night out on Tuesday and sailing on Wednesday it was a bit cheeky to tell the missus I was out for another evening.

I haven't seen any feedback on the talk yet on the forum. How did it go?

Harry

MarkS

Sadly, work pressures prevented me from coming along ...

doug

Hi Harry. Yeah; we missed your smiling face, etc.........  Seriously, though, the talk by Tony was very informative and interesting... very well put over.  He can be quite amusing, can our Tony.  It wasn`t just about planetary transits but the history and also about the discoverers.  They really went through it try to see the transits.... and missing them.

See you next time.

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

RobertM

I certainly wouldn't have wanted to be a French astronomer during the 7 years war !!! Talk about being done over by the British ...

Rick

... and the weather. Go all that way, and it's cloudy. Wait out there for 8 years to have another go... and it's cloudy.  :brolly:

Mike

I missed it too. A colleague in work was leaving so we were having a p*ss up and I went to that instead. Sounds like I missed a good meeting.

What do you sail Harry?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Ian

I heard Harry meets airliners just outside airports and then he sails them in to the right gate.

(Hoping everyone's read Fays thread in chat. ) :o