• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M13 with modified TouCam Pro

Started by Anonymous, Jun 07, 2004, 18:05:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Hi,

At long last I managed to modify my Toucam Pro to SC1 status.

Attached is my first ever DSO with the modified camera. Image was approx' 10 X 5sec exposures with dark frame subtracted. Stacked in Registax & Post processed in PS6. The image is nowhere as deep/ detailed as the single 5-sec exposure I took with Chris's SAC-8 a few weeks ago but I guess you get what you pay for.

When getting this image I've come to realise just how import Polar alignment is (5-sec was max exposure possible due to drift) - I really missed not having goto - It's really difficult trying to get M13 on your laptop when all you've got is a 8X50 finder covered in dew (my neck still aches as well!) - M13 is meant to be easy to find...ha!

Anyhow, I'm reasonably pleased as it was my first attempt (& I didn't blow my TouCam up modifying it..) I learnt a lot in the process.

Cheers,

John.

Ian

the drop in sensitivity is entirely due to the fact you've got a colour CCD in the Toucam. The benefits are that you can do one-shot colour with it.

If you want a camera with similar sensitivity to Chris' then CCD can be replaced directly with the monochrome version of the same, or for more of a challenge, go for an SC3.

Congrats on the successful SC1 mod :grin:

Ian

hmm, funny, never mind...

[ This Message was edited by: Ian on 2004-06-09 09:09 ]