• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Backyard Orion

Started by doug, Mar 20, 2011, 09:13:59

Previous topic - Next topic

doug

Again, taken with my SonyA380 last night from the back yard.  Terrible light and orange reflections from the neighbours house, but........ f5.6  20 sec exposure at ISO 400, for the technically minded.

I`ll have a go from Kelling, if the weather is kind.

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Carole

Very nice Doug, Rigel is just peeping through the branches, you got that just right.  What were the capture settings and was it hand held?

Carole

doug

See my modified post, please, Carole.  Doug.

Rocket Pooch

I like that, the building and tree gives it some perspective.

Chris

doug

Thanks, Chris; I do try.  Rose says I`m very trying.......

Doug.

PhilB

That's very nice, Doug.
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

RobertM

Nice capture Doug.  Shows the contrast between the light pollution and starry night very well.

Fay

That is nice Doug, I like to see some terrestrial scenery as well, gives perspective!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mac

Very good capture,

I know this sounds strange, but you can rest a light pollution filter over your camera lens
and its will filter some (not all) of the sodium light.

Might be worth a try if some one has a spare one.

Mac.

Mike

Are you not able to piggyback on top of your ETX Doug ?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

mickw

Nice one Doug.
I agree about the street light but it does show you can get an image even with light pollution shining over your shoulder
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

MarkS

Nicely captured Doug!

I like that one.

Mark

doug

Thanks to all for the favourable comments.  I feel encouraged to try better things.  :D

Doug.