• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M35 1st light with the TS Quad

Started by Rocket Pooch, Feb 27, 2011, 23:41:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

For some reason, not yet found out, I had real guiding issues tonight, we did get 4 very windy hours so I did an easy target M35.

Chris

M35-LG by chrissuddell, on Flickr

Whitters

Nice image Chris, it was windy here too, even in the observatory I lost a couple of images to the gusts.

MarkS

Chris,

Is that image at full scale or have you scaled it down?  In any case it is a really impressive image - the stars are absolutely pin sharp across the image.

NGC 2158 comes out really nicely as well.

I hope you get a few more clear nights.

Mark

mickw

Nice one Chris, the TSQ looks a keeper

Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

RobertM

Looking good Chris, I think the slightly elongated stars must be the guiding.  Looking forward to some more once that's sorted.

Any chance of some capture details?

The Thing

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

The mount was not guiding one way in DEC hence the elongated stars, the capture I think was 8x4 min L 6x4 min RGB all 1x1.

No darks or flats appied.

Mark, if you click on the image you can see the larger version using the menu.  This is approx 1/3rd of the actial size.

Chris

RobertM

Makes a nice contrast with the old red and new blue cluster.

Mac

Fay

Well I think the stars look very good & have looked at the full resolution, love the colours
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

MarkS

Quote from: RobertM
Any chance of some capture details?

I think Chris quoted them on UKAI: http://ukastroimaging.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=51497.15

TS 65mm Quad APO, QSI583, LRGB, EQ6 not wanting to guide, very gusty...
L 8x4min
RGB 4x4 min
All binned 1x1, not flats, darks or bias applied just Median stack in AIP and combined in photoshop

Mark

RobertM

Ah, is that the site that practices hero worship and doesn't allow fair criticism?

Thanks for posting the link and details.

Robert

Rocket Pooch

That will be the site where twice, I have been told off for critisizing one of Mr Sha's images.

And I got the details wrong, its 6x4 min L.

This wine is nice, hick!