• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Rosette done over two nights 8th and 9th January 2011

Started by Carole, Jan 11, 2011, 12:00:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

As stated on my previous thread I managed to get a further two hours on this so in total 3 hours and 10 minutes.
this is the longest I've ever done and the first time I have combined images taken on two different nights. 

Modified Canon EOS 450D DSLR, CLS filter, 800 ISO, 38 x 5mins + darks flats and Bias
Guiding QHY5, PHD, DSS and CS3
Stacked in DSS and processed in CS3

Carole

Image on other thread for comparison 8 x 5 mins.

MarkS

The extra data has resulted in a much smoother image with more faint detail.

Nice work!

Mark

Carole

Tony G

Nice image Carole. Whatever you are doing, it seems to be working.
Keep it up.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Rocket Pooch

You must be chuffed Carole thats very good.

Chris

mickw

Nice one Carole, much better.

Despite your problems, you're managing to pull it all together nicely  :)
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Carole

Thanks every-one. 
QuoteDespite your problems, you're managing to pull it all together nicely

Yes, it's a right PITA at times, but determined not to let it beat me.

Carole

PhilB

Nice, Carole. Keep this up and you'll find yourself in next years calendar
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

Carole

Carole

OK, further to feedback elsewhere, I have toned down the background sky a bit, and I think this is better.

MarkS

Quote from: Carole
Yes, it's a right PITA at times, but determined not to let it beat me.

Carole, I really think you have now climbed the steepest part of the learning curve and you are definitely on the home straight.  You know the basics now and you just need to "tweak" your technique to suit your own style.  It is unrealistic to think at some point your technical problems will go away - we all suffer them quite frequently - your attitude quoted above will see you through.

That final Rosette image looks really good - you have acquired the data well and processed it well. 

Mark

Carole

Thanks Mark, I do feel I am starting to get somewhere at long last, but still lots to learn.

Carole

Whitters

Carole