• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Nov DSC Horsehead

Started by MarkS, Nov 07, 2010, 18:25:12

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkS

Horsehead from DSC.

6 x 5min  Modified Canon EOS 350D on Bananascope (Tak Epsilon 180ED) with Astronomik CLS filter.  Grabbed in a gap between the clouds.

As you can see, the conditions were murky but I think this could be a fantastic shot with more favourable skies and many more subs.

Mark

Fay

Now this is going to  get them all going....................It  is better than anyone else has  done & you had bad conditions!!!!!!!!

Mark, how do you do it?????         
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

RobertM

That's really amazing Mark but you have a serious ring around Alnitak - I guess you processed for the nebulosity and the CLS probably didn't help too much either.

I think there's going to be a glut of these over the winter, that is, if we ever get any clear skies !!!

Robert

Mike

Really nice image Mark despite the conditions. The colours look a little weird to me though. The blues look too green.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

Do you think it was the severe dew that affects the large stars?

I want to focus on Orion this year. Last year the weather was so bad I never got to do anything!

RobertM

QuoteI want to focus on Orion this year

You'll find it's best to focus on whatever you're imaging, not just Orion.  Could be where you've been going wrong ;)

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

Hats off to you Mark a) for going there this weekend and b) for a lovely image.

You can see the stars are bloated due to the cloud or mist, but even so its a fantastic photo, wonder how good it would be with a nights imaging in clear skies.

I must admit, I really don't want you to get a cooled colour CCD, or you will get really annoying :-)

Great imaging, this one goes in the extreme imaging calendar.

Chris

Fay

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: regarding cooled colour camera, he is really annoying now!

RobertM

Mark,

I think you'll have to start writing a book of your exploits, call it 'Imaging Fever' !  I have 'Carp Fever' if you need a template...

Robert

MarkS

Mac

QuoteCarp? As in fish?

is there any other type then?

Fay

Didn't know you did fishing, Robert...

RobertM

Well Fay, I didn't know that you were into leather sleeping bags...

Fay

Just goes to show, you never get to the bottom of people, you think you know them, but you don't     ;)   

Ian

Quote from: Fay on Nov 08, 2010, 14:51:25
Just goes to show, you never get to the bottom of people, you think you know them, but you don't     ;)   
:o