• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Jupiter with the LX90 & 2x barlow, also new M13

Started by Rocket Pooch, Apr 22, 2004, 03:51:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Hi all,

I've now decided not to go to the gym but process some of the other images from earlier this week.

Jupiter

[ This Message was edited by: csuddell on 2004-04-21 20:01 ]

Mike

Very nice. Love the cloud turbulence in the bands.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

Hi Mike,

I'm still going through some AVI's I got the other night, I'm processing them a different way from normal.

Ian

very nice.

I must see what I can get out of the avi's I took the night of the transit.

Whitters

You are realy getting somewhere with the processing. Those images are fantastic.

Rocket Pooch

Paul,

I've decided that capturing is about 80% of the process, but like all things in life and software its the 20% that causes the issues.

I've spent some time working on a way to get the most out of the images without using to much Paint Shop (or none at all) and I've been surprised with the results.

I've actually gone back to some of the older AVI's and re-processed them.  I was gobsmacked at the Jupiter images from earlier this week and also the M13 image.  

If you remember I put up an image from tripes farm earlier this month and then made a comment about the other images not being very good.  When I processed them with either Registax or K3 I did not get good results at all.

Well I used the K3/Registax combo again on the images I got: -

The original with the same AVI in registax.

Stange eh, the temptation now is to go back to the images from February and see what that Saturn would look like.  But instead I'm going to spend as much time as I can this weekend capturing images.

I'll show you how I've done this at the next meeting.

[ This Message was edited by: csuddell on 2004-04-23 11:44 ]

Whitters