• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Last Night Nightmare

Started by Fay, Jul 22, 2010, 10:24:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Had so many problems last night. Have not used the Canon or 120 for quite a while.
Could not get on my subject, restarted everything about 10 times. Then check polar alignment, it was ok last time I used it, but it was well out, also I had aligned the finderscope with the Orion, last time it was out, so no way I could centre on anything.

Had to resort to putting an eyepiece in & getting alignment star in the centre, take image & re adjust finderscope.

Got it going on M27, came back outside & I had a look at the 4 subs, tried to adjust brightness in Canon software & it would not work.
Smelt a rat, & then saw that although the capture program said it was doing RAW,  it was doing JPEG.

Cause was, after investigating for about an hour, battery run out. Then at around 1.30 am, flats would not do in RAW. Bit late to sort out. Went out this morning, had to leave camera in situ over night & battery had gone again, hence only doing JPEG.

Anyway everything away now. Will have to use my little empty battery that clamps onto external battery.

Good job I was not armed  dangerous !!!!!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

RobertM

Wow, I would imagine the Foxes stayed well clear of you last night !!!

Carole

Title sounds very appropriate, you have my sympathies.

I get nights when everything goes perfectly and other nights when nothing will go right, and yet you do everything the same each time.  From what I hear this is common. 

Carole