• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

K3CCD Tools

Started by Rocket Pooch, Apr 16, 2004, 00:41:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Version 2 is now available, I'll so some processing with it and see how it compares against Registax this weekend.

JohnP

Don't you pay for this version? John.

Ian

35 day trial period but well worth paying for. With the exchange rate at the moment it's less than 20 quid

Rocket Pooch

Right had a go, not worth the money for AVI processing.

I re-processed some good AVI images using K3v2 and the results we're very poor.  I think he's positioned the software to compete with AstroVideo not Registax.

There's loads of long exposure functionality within the application SAC8 included.  

Support for autoguiding providing you have an autoguide compatible telescope (LX90 for example) and some other nice things like export of images in various new formats.

The processing side was poor.  If we get any clear skies this weekend I'll try the SAC8 with it on the LX90 to see how it works v's AstroVideo.

AstroVideo is not easy to use.

Ian

I'm a little surprised that you thought that. The stacking and alignment routines I find are superior to registax, but Peter has only put fairly rudimentary post-processing facitilities in.

The general concensus at QCUIAG is that the best approach is to capture and stack in K3V2 and export 32bit fits for importing into Registax.

K3V2 also handles RAW modded cameras far better than any other software (IMO).