• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Western Veil in Cygnus

Started by Fay, Jul 19, 2010, 17:55:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

170710 25x300, WO ZS66, Atik 314L, ha, 0.8 fr. This looks better on the laptop.  Out with the Canon next, for some colour. It is still too late for dark skies, unless you want to sit up all night

I was outside last night & it was a battle between me & 2 young fox's. They are not at all frightened. They would run away & then I would see the flowers moving about 2 ft away,  they were in there watching, went on for ages. I threw a stool at then, to no avail!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Rocket Pooch

Quote from: Fay on Jul 19, 2010, 17:55:11
I was outside last night & it was a battle between me & 2 young fox's.

Nice image Fay, mine more often than not look better on my monitor.

Did you husband video the battle?  You can get good money for that kinda action.

Chris

Mike

What image? I see nuffin'
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

back now mike, FLICKR is having a mess about!

RobertM

Looks nice and sharp Fay but you had a bit of trouble squeezing it all in the frame.  I certainly agree with Chris about looking better on ones own screen, I think they seem to loose a certain something on the Flickr jpeg conversion :(

Anything you can do about that halo ?

Robert

Fay

send a few subs off to Astrononomik?? ;)

RobertM

MarkS

Very nice Fay.

That is such a beautiful area of the sky.

Mark

Fay

Thanks Mark, shame I cannot get it all in. I can get all of the western side in with the Atik & Leitz

Rocket Pooch

Buy a  8300 based CCD camera, you knw you want too  :twisted:

Fay

can't afford it Chris, must admit I was looking around!!!! Doesn't take a lot to tempt me    ;)

Fay

Oh that is the cheaper one Chris. There are a lot around in that price range. Atik SX, SBIG, QHY8

Rocket Pooch

How nice would it be if you had one of them when you go to Olly's.  Also Carole will catch you up soon and at her spending rate she will have a 8mpix camera before you.

Go on, you know you want too....

:chase: :baa:

RobertM

At this rate she'll have one of these before Christmas http://www.optcorp.com/product.aspx?pid=14996

Bit like an arms race isn't it, who's going to run out of money first ... :o

Robert

MarkS