• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Deep Sky Camp - Friday 14th to Monday 17th May

Started by Mike, Apr 20, 2010, 07:43:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

The next Deep Sky Camp will be from Friday 14th to Monday 17th May and will be held at Blacklands Farm Campsite in Henfield, West Sussex. Anyone is welcome, not just members. Prices are on the camp website :-

http://www.blacklandsfarm.co.uk/

Wheatsheaf Road (B2116)
Henfield
West Sussex
BN5 9AT
Tel: (01273) 493528

Google Maps :- http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=116836630893893363332.000484a55dcb6de344dbd&ll=50.950141,-0.246763&spn=0.006665,0.016919&t=h&z=17
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

mickw

Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

MarkS

Mac

depends on the how the moves going.
As everything at the moment is boxed. Probably not.
But i might pop down for a visit.

Carole

Not sure as yet, depends on weather.

Carole

RobertM

Mike

What is all this "Depends on the Weather" business? Has everyone gone soft? It is in May, it's hardly going to be sub-zero temperatures !!

Tony G

I'll Definately be there,  :-?
but this depends on whether its to hot, or not during the day, and if its slightly chilly at night, and if any clouds appear, then you'll see me disappear.
But apart from that, I'll definately be there. ;)

Friday to Monday.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mac

Quotebut this depends on whether its to hot, or not during the day, and if its slightly chilly at night, and if any clouds appear, then you'll see me disappear.
But apart from that, I'll definately be there.

So if its absolutely persisting down you'll be there ;)

Tony G

Mac,

I have never seen it absolutely persisting down without there being clouds involved.   :roll:

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Carole

QuoteWhat is all this "Depends on the Weather" business?
Er....clouds....rain.....

i.e. not going if we're not going to get any imaging/observing done as I'm also packing to go on holiday a few days later, so don't want to be drying out wet and muddy things just beforehand. 

Also not being as young as most of you guys I find all the packing and upacking for camp rather knackering, so only want to go if it's going to be Astronomically rewarding.

Carole

Tony G

You can still see astronomically rewarding sights, even when its cloudy.  ;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8624064.stm

Still something like this, would still be seen anywhere within quite a few miles. not just from Blacklands.

Tony G

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!