• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

What Antivirus?

Started by Fay, Apr 11, 2010, 11:22:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

I have taken Nortons off my laptop. Can someone please advise which good free one I can download, thanks
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mac

PhilB

"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

Fay

Thanks for all that info, i now have a Panda on the laptop, see how it goes.

RobertM

I would say it's a writeoff - Panda's weighs about 250lbs  :-?

Fay

Mac

Fay

Mike, my Panda will not do a deep scan, key is greyed out. Do you have to open an acount to do this? I did connect to internet to do it, but key stayed grey. It does the quick scan

Mike

You just need to register. The only info. that needs to be valid is your email address. The rest can be made up if you don't want to leave your real details.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

just sorted it Mike, To do deep scan you have to press left hand box not the actual name, thanks