• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Of the laptop and Atik

Started by Fay, Mar 07, 2010, 22:19:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

The laptop is connected to battery, Atik plugged into laptop & also using same battery.
When the orange charging light is on, on the laptop, It sounds like the fan goes off in the Atik. I cannot get the cable pin  end to be in the correct position in laptop as orange charge light will not come on, it is very sensitive, worse tonight, hope i can finish what i am doing.

Re the Atik, I am wondering if it has always been like that & I have never noticed. Thinking that the Starlight will not work if using same battery as the laptop.

Has anyone any ideas on this? Thanks
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

QuoteI am wondering if it has always been like that & I have never noticed
Well if it has always been like that, it hasn't stopped you doing some fantastic images.

Carole

Fay

I think the battery had run out completely Carole

Mac

QuoteThinking that the Starlight will not work if using same battery as the laptop.

They do advise you not to use the same battery for the laptop and the starlight.
If the cable fails the starlight will use the laptop as a return and it will fry the board.
Either use a different battery for the camera or get an inverter to protect the camera or laptop.

Mac.

Fay

Thanks Mac, will start to use the invertor again