• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Talk on Astrophotogrphy -Bromley 25th March (Date changed!)

Started by Sue, Mar 16, 2004, 03:49:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Sue

Dear Sue Peters,

I have been asked by Michael Maunder to inform your society that he is giving a talk on Astrophotography at 8pm in Verral Hall, United Reform Church, Widmore Road, Bromley this Thursday 18th March. The talk is really for the Bromley Photography Club but others are welcome. I am not sure if entrance is free or there may be a small charge to non members.

The talk will be illustrated with 6x6 cm medium format slides.

Michael maunder is the co-author of Observing Solar Eclipses with Patrick Moore. He is also the brains behind Speedibrews photographic processing chemicals.

I am sure that the talk will be very informative and the quality of the slide projection extremely high.

Please pass this message on to any members of the Orpington AS that may be interested in coming.

Yours sincerely

Robert Wiltshire
Global Skies
Bringing Astronomy to the Amateur

((Sue, I've taken the liberty of changing the subject in light of the date correction, and then deleting the other thread on the matter. Hope that's Ok. -- Rick))

[ This Message was edited by: Rick on 2004-03-17 14:57 ]

Sue

PLEASE NOTE DATE CHANGE
Dear Sue,

I have just realised that the date I gave you for Mike Maunders talk is
a week out. It is next week the Thursday 25th March.

Sorry about that.

Regards

Robert Wiltshire
Global Skies
Bringing Astronomy to the Amateur

sales@globalskies.eu.com
http://www.globalskies.eu.com

Greg

Could be really interesting. Michael has been doing astrophography for many years. He has given our society talks in the past. I'm sure if anyone wan ted to attend, it would not be an evening wasted. However, the new date overlaps our meeting this month - shame!!

Rick

Oh well. He's spoken to the OAS in the past. Maybe it'd be worth asking him again?
How many folks are using non-electronic photography these days?