• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

2" barlow

Started by Carole, Feb 27, 2010, 15:54:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Has any-one got a 2" barlow I could borrow for a short while.  I just want to see if I can achieve focus with DSLR and Megrez scope.  If I can then I'll buy one.

All my barlow's are 1.25" and with an adapter I could not seem to achieve focus (with my DSLR).  Would like to try a 2" without an adapter.

I guess a 2 x barlow would be sensible to start with but will try anything offered just so I can see what will work and what won't.

Thanks
Carole

Mac

i've got a 2" x4 if you want to borrow it.

Mac.

fay you can borrow it after if you want.
wont have much time for it at the moment.

Mac.

Carole

Thanks Mac. 
No urgency, but I could come and pick it up from you at some point if you PM me your address and phone number.

Thanks
Carole

Carole

Mac, I've still got your 2" Barlow (and the toys for your son).  How imminently are you moving, and should I drop them over a.s.a.p.

Carole

RobertM

I have a meade x2 barlow you could borrow for a short while.  If you get on with that then you might consider the Celestron 1.25" x2 I have for sale, it's in mint condition with end caps and box.

Mac

QuoteHow imminently are you moving, and should I drop them over a.s.a.p.

Dont worry at the moment, keep the Barlo for the time being as were packed and waiting.

Mac.

Carole

OK Mac, will you be coming to any meetings after you've moved because I doubt you'll want to pick up the toys at DSC.  In which case shall I dispose of them elsewhere?

Carole

Carole

QuoteI have a meade x2 barlow you could borrow for a short while.  If you get on with that then you might consider the Celestron 1.25" x2 I have for sale, it's in mint condition with end caps and box.

Hi Robert, It's actually a 2" 2 x barlow I was looking for to use with my DSLR.  I've got two 1.25" 2 x barlows and a 1.25" 5 x powermate, but even with a 2"/1.25" adapter I can't seem to be able to get focus with the DSLR, so thought I would try a 2" barlow so I am not reducing the FOV (assuming I can get focus with it, I couldn't get focus with Mac's but that was a 4 x barlow).

So I just really wanted to borrow a 2" 2 x barlow initially just to see if I could get focus before buying one. Hope that makes sense.

Carole

Mac

QuoteOK Mac, will you be coming to any meetings after you've moved because I doubt you'll want to pick up the toys at DSC

Yup i'll be there for most of the meetings, I'll still be working in london at night, so i'll just have to come in early once a month for the meetings

Mac.

Carole

OK,

I won't be there for the May meeting as I'm on holiday, also just realised I can't come to DSC (double booked). 

Can you wait until June or shall I give it to Fay to give to you at DSC?

Toys can wait until June.

Carole

Mac

yup you can give the barlo to fay.

i'll pick everything up at a later date.

Mac