• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

New Moon and Jupiter

Started by doug, Feb 04, 2010, 09:34:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony G

I can still only see the second image!

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mike

DOUG!!!

ANSWER ME!!

WHAT ARE YOU UPLOADING YOUR IMAGE TO??? WHAT WEBSITE??
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

doug

Sorry, Mike, been a bit busy.  I was trying to upload it onto the Forum from my Windows Photo Gallery, but could not highlight the actual link to transfer it onto the Forum.

I have now cheated and you may see it soon, plus all the photographic details that are required......

Bloody nora, mate !!!!!!!!!!

One day I shall be able to cast off my L plates and do everything properly.  I don`t have the knowledge or experience on computers.................... I used to use pen and paper; much more reliable and easy  :twisted:

But I do appreciate everybody`s help, you know!

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

mickw

Doug,
Are you using the "Windows Live Photos" where it has "Recent Photo Albums" ?

If yes, you must keep clicking on the image until it is full size - all the other smaller pictures are "thumbnails" and really just form part of the index/directory and won't go anywhere.

Then just do as I said in my earlier post
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Fay

Do you think Jim looks like a film star in that picture?
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Jim

Seem to recall i was rather hungover when that was taken!

Fay

Wow you are saying that was on one of your bad days!!!!

Tony G

And finally here it is, Doug and Roses, Moon and Jupiter.

Is that a Acer pseudoplatanus in the foreground.

Tony G

PS......................Fay, it seems like you are trying to get around 'Jim the Chair' for something, your not going for the chairpersons place in next month AGM?  ;)
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

No Tony ha ha ha

That is a great picture Doug & Rose, so clear, really good!!

And Tony is showing off with his tree knowledge!!!!!

Carole

Yes Doug, much better than my Moon and Jupiter taken about a month ago.

Carole

doug

Thank you Tony, for putting the image on here. And thanks everybody for the favorable comments.

For the technically minded :-  Sony A380, f5.6, ISO 400 taken at 0.5 seconds.

If I had the time, I would have put the 300mm lens on the camera, but then I don`t think I would have captured both the moon and Jupiter in the same frame.  It`s going to be an oooooooooge learning curve, especially putting images on here.  Thanks to EVERYBODY for their suggestions ..... there isn`t a lake near here ........... and their advice.  All will be taken into account in the fullness of time.  

Thanks again, Doug.  :D

Delphine

doug

............... and I think the tree is a LEAFINUS FALLINUS WINTERUS, Tony.   :twisted:

Tony G

That would have been my second choice, but due to the light I was mistaken.

Tony G

MarkS

Great image Doug - well done!  I'm looking forward to many more ...