• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Weather trouble.

Started by Duncan_Cameron, Jan 26, 2010, 18:22:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Duncan_Cameron

Hi All,
Being a newbie I've only had a few nights underneath the stars. This I'm starting to realise is not through lack of enthusiasm or zero knowledge of the night sky but weather. I've read a lot of people complain about it in this forum and I naively thought that I would somehow be unaffected by this!
Anyway it's the first night it's clear enough for me to do a bit of lunar observation and I'm stuck with a freelance project that I have to get out tonight, typical.
I complain about day time weather enough and now I have to complain about the night time weather as well. Oh well I suppose being British it's what we're good at and there is no point in doing things by halfs!

Mac

QuoteBeing a newbie I've only had a few nights underneath the stars.
This I'm starting to realise is not through lack of enthusiasm or zero knowledge of the night sky but weather.
I've read a lot of people complain about it in this forum and I naively thought that I would somehow be unaffected by this!

Welcome to the world of uk astronomy.

Its a bug bear that unfortuatly theres nothing we can do except wait.

and then when you do get clear skies, theres the light polution. :roll: :cheesy:

although last year was bloody terrible. Fingers crossed for this year. 8)

Mac.

Duncan_Cameron

Keeping them crossed and also performing the opposite of a red Indian rain dance!

MarkS

I'm sure we'll have some clear nights until the Canon adaptor arrives for my banana scope.

Mark