• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Imaging Session Dates for 2010

Started by Mike, Jan 08, 2010, 16:03:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

The dates for the 2010 Imaging Sessions are :-

Friday 12th February
Friday 9th April
Friday 11th June
Friday 6th August
Friday 8th October
Friday 3rd December

All start at 8:15 (no earlier please). Anyone is welcome.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

I didn't think you were doing it any more Mike
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

I'm giving up the Observing Officers post but will continue to do the Imaging Sessions. Hopefully one or two people will offer to host one or two of the dates at their house, which would be appreciated. if not they'll be at mine as usual.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

Pleased about that Mike, it would have been a great loss
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

Thanks Fay.

As usual, if you want a talk about anything astrophotography related then put your suggestions forward to me. I will need as much notice prior to the date as possible to organise anything. Thanks.

Carole

I wonder whether demonstrating the use of various imaging and stacking software might be useful, including some for those who are just starting out:
K3, Registax for example
DSS etc
Other capturing software for CCD cameras
Maxim etc etc

Just a thought.

Carole

Mike

I don't use K3 or Registax so I am no authority on those. I could demonstrate Maxim. Unless someone like Robert or Mark would be willing to give a talk on the use of K3 or Registax. It depends on what kinds of capturing you are referring to. K3 and Registax tend to be used more for planetary work (i think).

Carole

I could do a beginners talk on K3 if any-one wants it if there is no-one else more expert than me, but I'll need a bit of notice.  I was just thinking if there was any-one planning on starting out it might be useful.  I'm no expert but I can demonstrate the basics.

I would like to see Maxim demonstrated myself.
Also maybe a little bit of basic DSO processing would be interesting.

Carole

RobertM

I could demonstrate MaximDL but not K3, that's someone elses forte...

Mike

OK so how about a short talk by both of you?

Carole - K3 for beginners
Robert - MaximDL

Carole

RobertM

Not 100% sure I can attend yet but that'll be fine if I can.

Mike

Carole

OH!  XXXXXXX!!!!

I've completely forgotten I've got a concert on Saturday 13th and I got home this evening and found an E mail reminding us of the one and only run through, and as I am doing duets and ensembles, I have to be there.

I am happy to do the K3 talk at the following imaging session.

Really sorry, and disappointed.

Carole

RobertM

I'm really sorry but I can't make it either.  I have to attend a concert at the Fairfield Halls this Friday evening.