• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Observing Session Tonight

Started by Mike, Dec 15, 2009, 12:20:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Don't forget there is an Observing Session tonight. 7:15pm onwards starting at the Change of Horses, Farnborough, and moving on to the field later if it is clear.

The forecast for tonight doesn't look too bad so it could be your last decent observing session of 2009. If not, we will enjoy a chat and a pint in the pub.

I will bring along the box of Calendars tonight so if you wish to buy one off me tonight is your chance.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Simon E

My new wedge turned up today for the scope, can someone show how to set it up please :D

si
SW 130DPS reflector main imaging scope, SWST80 refractor Guide scope, HEQ5 Mount with syncscan
ZWO ASI 120MC 1/3" colour camera Guide camera, Nikon D5100 + D3100 Imaging cameras

Mike

Not sure if there are any 'wedgies' going tonight but i'm sure we can try to help.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Simon E

Great, total cloud cover once again, one day an observing session will coincide with a clear night. So the scope goes back into the garage, until the next clear night.
:cry:

Well it does give me the chance to get over the work xmas do today.
si
SW 130DPS reflector main imaging scope, SWST80 refractor Guide scope, HEQ5 Mount with syncscan
ZWO ASI 120MC 1/3" colour camera Guide camera, Nikon D5100 + D3100 Imaging cameras

Mike

Well we were all sat in the pub, enjoying our beers and free sandwiches, waiting for you to arrive.

Simon E

Ermmmm I'm sure, BUT I will be coming on Thursday :o And i have actually bought a crate of beer, to share. Got in on Martin's money tips, that advertised in Tesco's 3 crates for £20..... I have kept 2/3rds of the beer, but am happy to share the other crate with everyone else. ;)

Funny though all the cloud had cleared by 11:30, When i was getting into bed, well lying on my airbed. :(

si