• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Deep Sky Camp

Started by Greg, Feb 24, 2004, 16:14:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

Thanks to all those that turned up to make the event really memorable. I'm sorry we wimped out of actually staying in a tent, but to those that did - well done. I did see that the Sunday evening was very clear and probably well worth a stayover to take some pics of the sky. Paul I hope you've got some pics for the gallery. My most succulent choices of the DSC was M44, and Mike winning the boule match. Once again thanks everyone.

Mike

What you missed was Saturday night when everyone got completely rat-arsed and ended up singing Monty Python songs at the camp fire very loudly !!
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Greg

Please tell me there were impressions. I love people doing impressions, especially when not completely sober.

Mike

Erm... Yes we were all doing impressions of Oliver Reed !!
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Ian

what like in "Women in Love"? Who was Alan Bates?

Whitters

No there was no wrestling, however there was pleanty of falling over

Mike

Especially from Jeff !

Rocket Pooch

Just don't say "Lady" near Paul and Mike.

Mike

LOL !!

Don't say "Gas Canister" around Chris either !