• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Pelican nebula from Orange mottingham

Started by Rocket Pooch, Sep 27, 2009, 15:07:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

The sky was bright orange last night so I did a little Ha, S2 O3 imaging (8, 6, 4 x 10 subs) on a nice litte part of the Pelican nebula.  To do this image justice I would need to be somewhere dark, or have about 3 nights, but its ok, I did realise yesterday that my mirror lock has been off making my previous images a bit odd anyway here you go, processing needed, but I have to goto work today.

Atik 314, all 10 minute subs, no flats etc, Meade ACF 8" @F6.7 or 1.34 meters FL.

Ha

JohnP

Looks very good mate - that's part of the neck region... I did a slightly larger FOV in June (which I must try & reprocess...)

http://jpastronomy.co.uk/graphics/2009/ic5067-jun09.html

Cheers,  John

Daniel

Fantastic image Chris, love the deatil your getting at that focal length, and with last nights skies too, which were pretty terrible!

Daniel
:O)

MarkS

Very good image Chris - it's a very interesting part of the nebula.  You've got nicely round stars -  so your guiding at that long focal length is pretty good.

It would be very interesting to do the same thing from a dark site.

Tony G

Great image Chris,
So you were busy last night, what time did you finish.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

RobertM

Super image Chris and great guiding at that f/l.