• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

First pic

Started by mickw, Sep 27, 2009, 12:55:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Nice one Mick. Much better than my first Moon pic.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

So you held it up to the eyepiece?
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

mickw

No, prime focus adapter and T ring in place of eyepiece
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Fay

Been like like getting a winkle out of it's shell   :lol:
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Simon E

Quote from: mickw on Sep 28, 2009, 09:58:58
Quotewhat capture program

No capture program, just "took a snap" and stuck it on the PC
I know I can capture into the Canon program, but it hardly seems worth it - half the facilities don't work with the 400D anyway  :(
I'm open to suggestions  :)
AIP ?

Quotehow many Stellas did you put into the image
Sorry, I don't give out my processing secrets  ;)

Thanks again for the comments  :)

Nice image, mate I take it this was not taken through a scope, just setup on a tripod, or was it.

I took a similar image on the way to Mike's imaging night. I was driving through the countryside near Crrockenhill and saw the moon. Quickly got out of the car stuck a 300mm lens on the Nikon and sat it on the tripod and took a couple of frames.

yours is way cooooolll

I also read that you are not having much fun with the Cannon capture software. I use image plus software. This is the software that I helped carole with on Friday at the imaging session.

I can use it with my 300d and Nikon d40. It also allows total control of both cameras, ie

Allows focus testing, you set exposure time, change the iso, take multi images that can be listed and taken after each other, all with different settings. You can take "bulb" images as well. Also allows you to save images as jpeg and raw. All without touching the camera.

Also with caroles camera, cannon 450, i think, it has the live view function. So u can see the image live on the pc, and thus adjust the focusing on the scope, to get a clear image.

There are loads more features with it, here is a useful link.

http://www.mlunsold.com/

si
SW 130DPS reflector main imaging scope, SWST80 refractor Guide scope, HEQ5 Mount with syncscan
ZWO ASI 120MC 1/3" colour camera Guide camera, Nikon D5100 + D3100 Imaging cameras

mickw

Quotewinkle out of it's shell
Pardon  :o

Si It was taken through a scope - Burgess 91 with prime focus adapter and T ring.
Thanks for the link, I shall have a read  8)
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

RobertM

You might also want to look into a program called 'Nebulosity' which is developed by Craig Stark, the author of the 'Push here Dummy' autoguiding software.  It also can work in conjunction with PhD when guiding.  The bonus with this program is that it's very cost effective, integrates image processing and supports most cameras and virtually all the Canons.

http://www.stark-labs.com/index.html

Robert