• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Saturn Processed

Started by Rocket Pooch, Jan 28, 2004, 22:18:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Hi all,

I finally got round to processing one of the AVI files from the other night I used approx 280 frames from 600 at 5fps, exposure about 1 25th second, Europa 200mm F4.4. 3x TAL Barlow.

I then used registax to align and stack the frames and finish it with of wavelets 10.5, 11.8, 1, 6.4, 10.5, 6.4 with a modified histogram for each image.

I've attached three examples of histogram's streched to show you what difference it makes.

For the sake of numeric correctness these are called 1, 2 & 3.  Let me know which one you like the most and I'll submit it to the gallery.

I will process the 2,000 frame AVI when I get a chance.

Enjoy

P.S. Can you see a storm?

[ This Message was edited by: csuddell on 2004-01-28 14:19 ]

JohnP

Wow! Stunning Images - I think I prefer the third picture - The rings are clearly visible all the way round. I assume you resized 200% or so. I reckon you could have pushed your scope even harder maybe a X4 or X5 Barlow? You'll have to explain to me what all this histogram stretching is about (or perhaps Greg if he gives his tutorial).

You should submit one of these to Astronomy Now's readers gallery & see if you can earn yourself £25 (would almost pay for a X3 barlow) :smile:

Cheers,  John

Rick

Yeah, the top one looks like it's clipped at the high end. Not certain I can choose between the other two. They both have merits. I think the third is probably a bit better than the second though.

[ This Message was edited by: Rick on 2004-01-28 14:40 ]

Whitters

Very nice images. On reflection I prefer the second image, I beleive that it is easier to see the banding detail on the planet better in that image.
Well done, if you can borrow another barlow you can always stack them.