• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

290509 Members Night

Started by Fay, May 29, 2009, 08:15:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick

Quote from: Jim on May 29, 2009, 13:23:21I'd be all in favour of having more members evenings in the future if people would like that and would support it by volunteering.
I like hearing invited speakers, and think we have enough member evenings in our programme already.  :evil:

Tony G

"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

RobertM

Yes, well done to all the speakers; they were all very interesting indeed.  A special well done to Luke though, that was a very good first presentation, he obviously knows the subject very well and is very enthusiastic about Time Travel.

John, I'm not sure whether you allow Luke on the OAS forum ;) but if not then make sure you pass on all the positive comments !

Robert

FIGHT - Where are the police when you need them !

JohnP

QuoteJohn, I'm not sure whether you allow Luke on the OAS forum  but if not then make sure you pass on all the positive comments !

Hi Robert - Yes Luke has an OAS forum account - I'll make sure he reads all the postive comments - I really appreciate all your praise & I'm sure Luke will be chuffed to bits.

Thks again everyone - John

Delphine

I was looking forward to Luke's talk and I wasn't disappointed.  Well done Luke - I am looking forward to your next one.

Delphine

Ian

actually, I do have one point of critism for Luke.

GET A HAIR CUT! What do you think you are? A 15 year old????

Tony G

Ian,

Luke had already used 3 of his 4 passes for the month of May, so it was either the barbers or the OAS meeting.  :)

By the way if anyone missed the excellent talk by Luke on time travel, it will be shown again last Friday evening.  ;)
(My head is still spinning with the Granny Paradox......................... Sarah Connors had nothing to worry about really, or did she........... there I go again)  :o

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Astroluke

well basically I LIKE MY HAIR!
QuoteLuke had already used 3 of his 4 passes for the month of May, so it was either the barbers or the OAS meeting.
I only get two passes!
Thanks for the comments, I enjoyed doing it!

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mac

A very enjoyable evening from all the speakers.

To post a quote from red dwarfs whitehole.  http://www.reddwarf.nildram.co.uk/txt/whitehol.txt

QuoteLISTER: All right then, a time machine.  She can invent a time machine,
  and we could all pick whatever period in history we wanted to live in.

RIMMER: Well, it'll be the nineteenth century for me.  One of Napoleon's
  marshals.  The chance to march across Europe with the greatest general
  of all time and kill Belgians.  Marvellous.

LISTER: What about you, Kryters?

KRYTEN: Well, if I could go anywhere, absolutely anywhere at all in time,
  I think I'd probably choose to go back to a week last Tuesday.

LISTER: Why?

KRYTEN: Don't you remember?  I did all the laundry, and then we watched
  TV.  Wow, we won't see the like of THOSE sorts of days again.

mickw

QuoteTony you and I should do and xmas double act, you in the leotard and I'll get the animal skin...
:o

I'm scared - very, very scared :cry:

Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

mickw

Good talks by all and a great evening.

Never heard the Carl Sagan speech before - sort of inspirational and damning.

Not sure why anyone would want to find a haemmoroid in 2013 though.

Luke, great talk for some young git who actually had the balls to stand up and do it - well done
You said you were actually being taught some of this   :o   
Where ?

Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Fay

TOny, you & Chris could have done a Stavros & Flatley kind of act!!!! :lol: :lol:

Ian

they were robbed last night. I thought they should have at least made 3rd place. That said, those dancers were fantastic...

Fay

I wanted DIVERSITY to win, thank God the hairy angel didn't!! She is not quite right