• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Another DSC M13

Started by MarkS, May 26, 2009, 21:42:05

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkS

I'm very embarrassed about this - after telling Jim and Fay to be careful not to burn out the centre of M13, guesss what I went and did?  I'll have to take some more subs at home, some time, to repair the damage.

Anyway here it is, from Saturday night. I started imaging at 1am after spending the evening showing Joe Public the delights of the sky.

Details: 18 x 5minutes.  Modified Canon 350D on Celestron C11 with F6.3 focal reducer.  No filters.

Larger version is here: http://gallery.orpington-astronomy.org.uk/albums/userpics/10046/woodm13half.jpg

Fay

As usual, a great image, fantastic M13, Mark. It is cropped?
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Jim

Hi Mark, It's interesting how different it looks to mine. with a larger aperture and longer exposure are you picking up fainter stars so that the burnt out core is actually all you see in mine? according to the book M13 is 145 lyrs across so I wonder at what point they measure that. anyway it's a lovely pic.

JohnP

Looks good Mark - I am liking the star colours in this image. You also have the 'propellor' bit showing that I identified in my last attempt at m13...

Nice one - John

The Thing

Lovely image, If you think that's a burnt out core wait 'til I post mine! The resolution is excellent, as are the colours. What did you process it in?

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

RobertM

That's really great image Mark, the colours look really good.  Was this at F/6.3 or f/10 ?

MarkS

Thanks for your comments.

Jim - It should be possible to match your stars against mine to see which area your image covers

Fay - I have binned this to half size and then cropped off the edges where the bad coma is

Dunc - I do all my processing in IRIS.  I haven't even applied a deconvolution to this

Robert - It was F6.3

Mike - Between 1am and 3am Sunday 24 May 2009

Mark