• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M63 from DSC , draft image

Started by Rocket Pooch, May 26, 2009, 08:24:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

With everyone else processing yesterday (I was mainly asleep, I'm good at it), I thought I'd quickly put this up here today. 

M63 14x5 minute subs, no light pollution filter, flats, darks and bias subtracted.  The focuser was moving during the picture :-(

RobertM

That looks good Chris, pretty heavy gradients though !

Rocket Pooch

I can fix that, I just wanted to get some images up when everyone else was doing some, I still have Vega region and NGC7023 to do in colour, so yes a busy weekend but I could have done with some more time, I'm off this weekend imaging as well :-) I'll get a wind break and use the caravan to get some privicy, Frodo is loving these weekends away.....

RobertM

I'm really looking forward to seeing your Iris image, that region does look special when done correctly from a dark site.

You're very fortunate to be able to get away like you do, I'll visit Woodlands again soon on a quieter w/e but I need to build up a few brownie points first :(

JohnP

Still looks good for all the problems you had. With a bit more careful processing should be excellent. The detail in galaxy is very good.

John

Jim

that's nice Chris, really interesting as I saw you capture it.

MarkS

Chris,

That looks really good.  Lots of detail and I love that weird straight dark lane.

Mark

Fay

I really like this galaxy, it will be another good image, when you have finished with it, Chris
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

The Thing

Mac