• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Members Evening - May 28th

Started by Rick, May 13, 2009, 22:29:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick

Tony Sizer says there's still about half an hour un-spoken-for in the programme for the Members Evening in two weeks time...

JohnP

can I ask who is down to speak please?

Jim

Hi All

Mike was down but has had to pull out due to work so currently we have no one! It does not have to be a lecture, just talk about anything that interests you (astronomical that is!) or what you've been observing or even what equipment you have and how you use it. Just keep it between 5 and 30 mins in lenght.

Tony G

Can someone please! please! offer to speak at the members evening,  :( otherwise I have to do my gymnastic routine for 20mins, and its a bit rusty at the moment, but I still fit into that same leotard from 1969, it is tight though.  :-?

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

mickw

NOOOooooooooooo  :o

With enough beer I can talk bo##ocks for 20 minutes  :)

Actually, I don't really need the beer  :oops:
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

JohnP

The reason I ask is that I already asked Tony sizer to put Luke's name down as he wants to do a talk on Time Travel (something that interests him) - He obviously didn't put it down.... :x

Anyway, so if you want speakers Luke will happily do 15-20 mins on time travel - He has a power point presentation he has prepared... I've already had a sneak preview & it's quite detailed so you'll all have to be 'wide awake..'   :lol:

Let me know for sure if you want him to talk & I'll make sure I'm around that evening to bring him up to the meet.

Thks,  John.

PS - Kinda puts you to shame when your 15 yr old son volunteers to present...  :roll:

PPS - Tony my claim to fame is I used to do Gymnastics at county level when I was 14-15 yrs old perhaps we could do a synchronized routine together... :-)

Mike

Quote from: Jim on May 14, 2009, 17:16:06
Hi All

Mike was down but has had to pull out due to work so currently we have no one! It does not have to be a lecture, just talk about anything that interests you (astronomical that is!) or what you've been observing or even what equipment you have and how you use it. Just keep it between 5 and 30 mins in lenght.

Jim - Change of plan. I can now make it so will do a talk. However, I might not get there before 8.30 so put me on last.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Ian

Fantastic talk, Luke! It was good to see you in two weeks time!

JohnP

Rick

Quote from: Jim on May 14, 2009, 17:16:06
Mike was down but has had to pull out due to work so currently we have no one!

I was under the impression there were two speakers on the list already, but that there was still one slot free...

Jim

Hi Rick, not that either myself or Tony were aware. Did you have any names?

Fay

Mick & Tony you are both sooooooooooooooooooooo funny, I have a great imagination  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ian, you are always on top form lately!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Jim

Hi John

Yes, consider Luke booked, I'll put him on first as Mike is going to be late getting there.

All right everyone we've got 2 firm speakers, Luke & Mike. Anyone else?

Rick

Quote from: Jim on May 15, 2009, 10:29:35
Hi Rick, not that either myself or Tony were aware. Did you have any names?
I don't, but I thought Tony had said he had a couple of speakers lined up, and that he needed one more to fill the programme...

Carole

Jim,

If we are really stuck, Tony Sizer said he could do something, but likes to be kept in reserve in case a guest speaker doesn't turn up - so only if we can't fill the evening.

Carole