• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

suggestions needed for moon imaging

Started by Rocket Pooch, Dec 08, 2003, 18:10:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

After braving the cold last night I now have some AVI's of bits of the moon taken with the web cam (did have a look with my eye but I nearly blinded myself).

I tried to put together some of the images using K3CCD and to be quite honest, they we're pants.  I have registax (this seems to be the one to use) but it falls over on XP.  Anyone have any other suggestions what I could use to improve the image quality, I suppose I could use PainShop?

JohnP

Hi Chris,

Are you trying to make a Mosaic or just to improve image quality of stacked images? For Mosaics I use iMerge from Jon Grove - you can find it here:

http://www.geocities.com/jgroveuk/iMerge.html

Its a great program & free. Makes stitching together indivdual moon frames really easy. For general post processing I always use Registax.

Cheers,  John.

Rocket Pooch

Definately need to make some of the images a bit better, that's why I tried Registax.  

But it did not work well on XP :sad:

What OS are you using the programe on?

Regards

Rick

How well isolated is your target image? (Someone (at the pub after a recent meet or at an observing evening) was saying Registax likes nice clear isolated images to work on, and moon-scapes at any sort of reasonable magnification are going to be a bit tricky for it to adjust).

JohnP

Chris,

I use it mainly on Win2000 Professional but also have a copy on an old PC running Win98. Are you running the latest version - I believe it is V2.1.1 from Sept 2003? The author also has a bug reporting section on his webpage - Perhaps you could post him a message with your particular prob?

Cheers, John.

Rocket Pooch

The images ane not brilliant because of the heat haze, but there ok.  I had a look at the registax web site and there of simular quality to the images in the demo.

Unfurtunately I don't have a Windows 2000 or 98 PC, but I suppose I could build one to give it a try.