• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Saturn on Thursday night.

Started by Ian, Nov 29, 2003, 09:09:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian

Sorry for not making the meal, Jak and Evie are both ill with snotty head colds. I've not been idle though, I braved last nights crunchy grass and frozen locks on my shed and took this. It is a stack of around 600 frames...

Ian

now I've seen it on my crt, it looks a little too yellow. I'm going to fix that, it looked much better on my LCD screen. Watch this space for a revisited image...

Whitters

Still looks very nice though

JohnP

Hi Ian,

That's a very nice image. What scope/ camera did you use?

It was good meeting you last Thursday albeit very short - Sorry I couldn't make it to the pub. Hopefully we will have a chance to talk a little more at the next meeting. Have you ever managed to image the Encke division? Any idea on minimum apperture/ F ratio needed to achieve this?

Cheers,  John.

Rocket Pooch

That reminds me, I must call you and pickup those drives, if thats ok.  Can you send me your contact details to my e-mail address?

Nice image though, I also took one on Thursday, its a little small and I have no idea how to load it up on this site so I can't show you at the moment.

Ian

my address is on the "behind the scenes" forum. It'd be best to leave it until the weekend, I'm not here during the week. Private Message me to arrange...

Ian

and to answer John, it's an Orion Optics 8" F6 Europa, a 5x powermate and a toucam pro, fitted with a True Technologies IR block filter. About 600 frames of 1000. Seeing was about 5 out of 10 in my subjective personal scale where 10 is "blimey" and 1 is "go back to bed". I not really happy with it yet, so I'll be reworking the AVI and reposting.