• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Mike's imaging night & observing night

Started by Fay, Jan 02, 2009, 11:32:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

As I have not got my calendar yet, from BECHE, please can you tell me the dates of the above please.

Thanks
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Ian

you could always call Carole, she knows all the dates this year ;)  :twisted:

Jan meeting dates are:

22nd - Monthly OAS meeting, Alan Longstaff
27th - Observing evening
30th - Mike's imaging session

Mike

I am going to need to change the date of the imaging night i'm afraid.

How about the Thursday before 29th Jan instead?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Ian

you not planning on coming to see Alan Longstaff then? ;)

Mike

Err.. That's on the 22nd. Are you still as nissed as a pewt from new years?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Ian

You mean Thursday 29th, not the Thursday before the 29th. For the want of a comma...

"How about the Thursday before, 29th Jan instead?"

Mike

Carole

Quoteyou could always call Carole, she knows all the dates this year

Very funny Ian, but the calendar doesn't include the outreach dates or committee meetings or Kelling Heath, so it's not ALL THE DATES, but fortunately I do happen to know those as well.

Carole

Mike

Quote from: Carolepope on Jan 03, 2009, 12:34:05....but the calendar doesn't include the outreach dates or committee meetings or Kelling Heath, so it's not ALL THE DATES....

I twosn't givern them beefour i creeayted the callender so i didernt put dem in der. Downt blaym me.

Carole

Sorry Mike,
Yes I did wonder if that was the case.
On the other had I wondered whether things that didn't include every-one i.e. committee meetings and some Outreach Events had been deliberately left out.

Carole

Fay

I didn't know you could write welsh, Mike!!!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mac

Didnt, know you could read it either Fay, :lol:

Carole

Did you know that the brain can sort out mis-spelt words so long as the first and last letters are correct (OK they weren't all in Mike's post, but near enough).  There is a fantastic E Mail doing the rounds that looks all gibberish, but you can read it OK.

Not sure if I've still got it but I'll post it if I find it.

Carole

Mike

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Carole

Yup, I think that the E mail I was referring to.

Carole